Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day After Valentines

Not even sure what to write about but felt that it has been too much time since I've written. The students have been making collages to explore Pop Art recently and this photo comes from that, it's nice doing this stuff with them because there are some fun things that come about as a result. Andy Warhol, when asked what he does when he doesn't have ideas said he waits. I have been doing this lately, just waiting. I created a couple of drawings for play, thinking an idea will come and while I have produced a simple thing or two, nothing interesting has come about. To pass the time I've researched Japanese prints, worked on my school blog and finished carving a signature chop that I am actually pleased with. I wrote a bit about deliberate abstraction and I feel that this is where I should be moving at least I think it will break my block. There are a bunch of photographs I have wanted to return to to explore see if there is something I can abstract from there.

A building in Beijing caught fire last week. I saw some intersting fotage from the internet and I can see the biulding from my classroom. Have snapped a couple of shots of it, would have been something to actually see burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment