Thursday, January 8, 2009

Transportation Blues

Kind of at a loss at the moment. I spent the last day and a half in a foul mood, all stemming from public transportation. It’s not that it is was bad, it just wears me out and yesterday I spent as much time traveling as I did working which was quite frustrating. Yesterday was the complete argument for buying a car. Or move somewhere where it’s warm year round so I can ride the motorcycle. Then to make things a more of a pain in the ass I found out that some of my reports did not save on the server so on my day off when I was looking forward to working from home, I had to go in and resubmit reports. Needless to say I was in the mother of all pissed off moods. However, I am away from work now and I have accomplished a bit of what I intended to today and I am in a better mood. But my mind is a little brain dead and that just won’t do today, not is the time for forward thinking.
Qiqi took me to a planning meeting with her company the other night. I was already tired but I put what I could towards thinking of a story for their advertising scheme. I was listening to them talk and employing the brainstorming techniques we teach in school for ideas. I had one or two but I thought Qiqi was being a bit rude to me by cutting me off, but I know that is how she is. She was affectionate from time to time as well. I wish my Chinese was better, I couldn’t keep up with some times and while I knew they were telling stories it was hard to catch the nuances of them. It didn’t help that I had already worked a full day. Last night I was annoyed when Qiqi called me for more ideas and my mind was just spent, mostly from fuming about spending four hours on public transportation all day and I just couldn’t think of anything good, I just couldn’t think really. When I got home I relayed to her to think about romantic stories from our past, why not? they’re funny.
Wang Jing called me earlier in the day to ask help for an english title for his newest film. Nothing yet
A self critique; I need to make my mind work and I need to make my creativity and ability to work, work for me. This is a post modern age and it’s about what you can do with what you have, not what you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment