Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Job

So I decided to brainstorm what I want from a new job here, instead of in my book. I am really tired of teaching, at least at this school. I have talked to another teacher or two and they say BCIS is a bit over the top. Anyway, it has inspired the desire to teach right out of me. Especially as they give me a less than fair dal - providing other teachers an apartment and travel allowance but not I - because I am local. It really makes me depressed honestly and I'd like to just fuck 'em

So what do I want to do. I want to work with the arts, I want to have a design gallery or art gallery or work for an arts foundation. I want to make art and design, I want to write about it, talk about it, attend events to look at it. But I also want it to be pragmatic, I want to accomplish things that people use, enjoy, not just art for art's sake. I want to make money. Maybe a cultural foundation. National Endowment for the Humanities. I want to live in a place I like I do not want to live in Ohio ever again - sorry friends in Ohio - I just can't do it. I have looked at Singapore but sadly all I have done is look, I haven't really had the chance to do anything about it. I need to make more connections and think my ideas and thoughts out better. One of things that drives me nuts about this job is that I never get to work on anything for longer than an hour, I am always switching duties and that is just not good for my personality. I need and like focus I want to make more money - did I say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment